We will be meeting on 15th November 2014 for a special general meeting to review some of the finer points of the way our society runs. We would like to invite our members to this meeting at Lullingstone World Garden. For those of you that cannot make it but have some suggestions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with these.
Also, please contact us if you are using public transport and need help getting a lift from a train station to Lullingstone.
10.30 am – Meet and Morning Coffee
11.00 am – Welcome by President Tom Hart-Dyke
11.10 am – Introduction by Chairman Robbie Blackhall-Miles
11.15 am – Talk by Sophie Leguil, Conservation Officer at Plant Heritage and Hortax Committee Member
12.00 pm – Open discussions on the role of the Australasian Plant Society
1) Does the society continue to be exclusively for Australasian Plants?
2) What does the society offer to its members?
3) Is cost of membership still appropriate?
4) Review of Mission Statement / Constitution
1.00 pm – Lunch and Continuation of discussion
1.30 pm – Seedlist Discussion
1) Does the seed list meet the society’s current requirements and costs?
2) Do the species offered need a review?
3) Is the time of year that the seed list comes out appropriate?
2.30 pm – Plan events for 2015
3.00 pm – Opportunity to explore the garden, tea and cake.